Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Stardust in My Eye



I just came home from the local theater where I saw Stardust. I loved it! I think it shines best (he he) in the relationship between Yvaine (Claire Danes) and Tristan (Charlie Cox). Tristan's character was just so boyishly cute and hilarious. Hugable, very hugable. And Claire as Yvaine is just awesome. Such chemistry between them. I'll admit at the very beginning I was a little apprehensive, but by the end I had been charmed completely. The humor throughout was quite lovely, especially the whole dead princes thing and the tough-guy *cough* Captain. One of the most sophisticatedly humorous movies I've seen in a looong time. I love the way that they did the whole star thing. Awww...

1 comment:

Tanja said...

I just went to see it this past weekend. It was quite a fun little movie, and I can see why they compare it favorably to Princess Bride. I still thought Tristan was a total dork til the near end. Peter O'Toole was hilarious as the dying king, heh; but, yes, Captain Shakespeare was something else.

Blog Archive