Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Snow Queen Returns

Today I took a break from characters designs and worked a bit more on the Snow Queen piece. As I was not pleased with the painting step I ended on last time, I scrapped it and started from the rough sketch. From there I made multiple layers of clean line art for each part of the image. After that I blocked in solid colors for each object (each on their own layer). The next step is going to be to get more local color into each part and to start on shading and adding dimension.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the idea of your Snow Queen. It's close to (not by style) to illustrations by award winning Ukrainian artist Vladyslav Yerko -
www.snowqueen.us
Pay attention to the slideshow page.

Blog Archive