Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Math Wizard

Just wrapped up an e-book cover today for Vincent Tan in Singapore (his blog here: honeybeech.com). This is an illustration of a D&D "Math Wizard" for a specialized rule book. Accordingly, our hero fights with a divider and casts mathematical spells at his foes... I loved the clever concept and had a blast coming up with the illustration to match.

In the midst of said illustration, I underwent a rather big workstation change: I upgraded from a 24" Gateway LCD to a 30" LCD. And not just any 30incher, a NEC MultiSync LCD3090WQXi which I am really enjoying. I also got a Spyder3 to help with calibration =) (Photos of my updated workstation to follow). As for my 24".... let's just say a certain boyfriend is now enjoying a 3 monitor spread for his internet spaceships.

Oh, and special thanks to my friend Joe for modeling in a wizard's robe.












No comments: