Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moss Dragon - Final =)

After many many many hours more of work and re-envisioning... Two months "late" but who's counting? (I had my wedding in-between start and finish!)...I've arrived at a final painting of the Moss Dragon piece.

I love how closely it matches my original vision: warm morning sunlight, a cute little Irish gal, and dragon that looks so happy I can hear it purring. =) =) =)

Huge 'thank-yous' to my critique buddy illustrators, especially Mike Sass for his awesome paint-over toward the end!

5 comments:

Jill Bergman said...

I can't imagine it being more perfect, Laura!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jill! =)

Charity Kountz said...

I love the look of this - and congrats on over one year of marriage. I just got married this year in April myself. How's it feel after a year?

Unknown said...

Charity: Thanks for the marriage congrats. One year after things are better than ever! =)

Cheryl Ammeter said...

This could be an illustration from my book, "Ivey and the Airship". I hope you don't mind if I link to your blog so Ivey's Facebook friends can enjoy your beautiful work. Cheryl Ammeter

Blog Archive