Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Hare King!

New personal artwork! I've been working hard lately to rearrange my time and schedule so that I can put more energy toward personal pieces. This is the first piece to come out of such efforts.

The concept came from one of my mid-morning sketchbook brainstorms over jasmine-green tea. It was the glimpse of a young boy standing in a circle of snow hares, being crowned their king. Like many of my self-motivated pieces, the image did not need to arise from a full understanding of an entire story, but rather came from trying to fully envision and illustrate the scene I had snared in my mind's eye. I'm still having fun imagining the story behind the scene...


No comments: