Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

Owls!

For a few months now I've been working on a large (29"x46") acrylic painting as a personal piece. I've fiddled and tinkered and gone through more "tweaks" and revisions on this one than is probably healthy for traditional media. So, I have now hereby declared this done! (All that remains is the UV protective coat.)


Owl's Eye Nebula
:








Also, today, instead of a "Daily Sketch" on the DSi I started work on another owl painting: this one digital. I'm torn as to whether I want to finish this out in Photoshop or make it an acrylic.



"Why owls?" you ask... Well, why not? They are rather cute. =)

3 comments:

oceanfangirl157 said...

I love owls! they are pretty cute. My favorite owls are barn owls they just seem so majestic in a way. don't know how it just does.

oceanfangirl157 said...

I love owls! they are pretty cute. My favorite are barn owls, they seem kind of majestic in a way. don't know how, thet just do.

BattyNora said...

Gorgeous glowing colours as always!!! I love all your acrylic pieces- more earthy than your digital paintings, but just as accomplished and effervescent; and the way you manipulate light in the paint is just stunning. Sooo cute too- and the concept is intriguing and beautiful! I think you should finnish the second in acrylic ;D

xo