Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

New Computer Ordered

There is the kind of blog silence that means nothing is happening and the kind that means everything is -this is the later sort.

I've been doing a lot of good art since my last update, which unfortunately I can't share until publication. ;) But lets just say I've been putting my 8 hours in most every day.

My biggest news: COMPUTER! That's right, I'm readying for a major upgrade in the form of a completely new custom built system. I just ordered the last component yesterday and I received the motherboard in the mail today. This thing is going to be super sweet. Here are the technical goodies:

- Lian Li PC-B25B Case (ohhh... the glowing blue circle!)
- ASUS P5E WS Motherboard
- Intel Quad Core Q6600 Processor
- ATI FireGL v3600 Graphics Card
- 8GB of CORSAIR XMS2 DHX RAM
- x2 1TB Western Digital Caviar RE2 Hard Drive (for a RAID config, art and data)
- 500GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 Hard Drive (for programs and OS)
- 36GB Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive(solely for Photoshop scratch disk)
- FreeAgent Pro 1TB External Hard Drive (I already have a FreeAgent 500GB for backing up the program drive)
- x2 SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD combo drive
- CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX Power Supply
- Vista Business 64-bit

I'm going to have the shop that built my current PC assemble this one for me. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Tanja said...

I'm quite jealous -- it sounds like you're getting a sweet system for your home studio. :)

Look forward to seeing your work again once it's published (or the NDA allows).

t

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new system, Laura! I'm hoping some of this hard work is for Field of Dreams and that it might be released sooner then later. I'm jonsing for the finished product, though I'm enjoying the original print. Thanks again,
Melissa