Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Rest in Peace Madeleine L'Engle

I was sent a link to this article by a friend.

Madeleine L'Engle died this past Thursday at the age of 88. She has been one of my most admired authors for at least a decade. My favorite of her books are A Winkle in Time and A Ring of Endless Light. Both contain such a wonderful blend of sadness, beauty, truth and mysticism. Her book Madeleine L'Engle {Herself} is one of the most inspirational that I own. I always wanted to meet her, but now I'll never get the chance. I feel like I know her through her works, which live on. Farewell Ms. L'Engle.

"Infinity is present in each part. A loving smile contains all art. The motes of starlight spark and dart. A grain of sand holds power and might."

No comments:

Blog Archive