Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Friday, July 27, 2007

Moon Garden for Illustration Friday

Moon Garden



Moon Garden is now in my Concept Art portfolio.

This morning I decided to participate in Illustration Friday for the first time ever (something I have been meaning to do for a looong while). The topic this week is "moon." I did the above image in the space of a few hours in ArtRage 2.

In other news: the huge LDiehl.com site update is finished! The biggest change is that I finally broke the portfolio down into different sections, deciding what they should be was a struggle unto itself. In the end I decided on: Children's Fantasy, General Fantasy and Science Fiction, Concept Art, and Process (which houses images like image step-by-steps and thumbnail sketches). Oh yeah, I also added good deal of new art. ;)

I finally decided to break out of the vertical rectangle thumbnails I had been using, as I've been doing more and more images that are horizontal in nature and having to crop them to the opposite format is just weird. Rather than make square thumbnails, I though I'd just keep the aspect ratio as is and then fill in around the image with background (so as not to mess up my tables).

6 comments:

Vhrsti said...

Very clever ideas: participating in Illustration Friday and this wonderful garden! Prefect! Congratulations!

Samantha Jacinto said...

I absolutely love this painting! it is breathtaking.. makes me want to look at the moon right now... unfortunately its raining now.... heheh

studio lolo said...

Love the blues, of course...my favorite color. Nice, magical feel.

atomicvelvetsigh said...

i love this week's theme! im so addicted into visiting all the illos now.. yours is a fave i must say! great idea of a garden of moons and wow how lovely you played with your colors..

JC said...

wow, this is very creative. This particular illo has a hauntingly beautiful quality. Your artwork is amazing!

hablasballena said...

wow, magical, very nice choice of color! and so creative thinkin'.
congrats :o)
g luck, b happy
hugs

Blog Archive