Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Rain and Angels

When it rains, it pours. What an interesting day.

I spent most of the morning working on the first angel character concept sketch for a fellow in California. I got a lot more done on it than I anticipated, which is great.

This evening I received a little reminder of why I enjoy doing freelance illustration. You see, one of the coolest aspects of this job is the element of surprise. There is nothing like getting an e-mail out of the blue from totally neat company that likes my art enough to hire me for a project. At the moment the possibility of working with the Texas film company (that just e-mailed me) to create concept art is pretty darn exciting.

Step one on the first angel:

No comments:

Blog Archive