Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Web Comics and Foxprints

Another discovery made today. Perusing DeviantArt I came across the gallery of tracyjb and shortly thereafter her website. Ooogling at her wonderful character sketches and web comic got me thinking. And we all know how dangerous that can be... I in the space of the last few hours I've come up with an exciting idea for a graphic novel of my own that I am bouncing up and down about. Not to mention beginning sketches of the main character and a couple possible titles for the whole series. I think it will be the perfect way to get more practice drawing and less painting (and get my butt in gear), all while actually creating something worthwhile. There is nothing like standing on the edge of something new to make you want to leap.

No comments:

Blog Archive