Children's IllustrationFantasy Book CoversBlack and White InteriorsAbout Laura DiehlLaura Diehl Illustration ShopBlogPhone 540-322-1776E-mail Me
Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Interior Illustrations and Beliefs

Just finished up an interior illustration project for a client. For something so off my beaten path, it was surprisingly fun -owning much to how easy the client was to work with.

As I don't have any other projects lined up at the moment, I hope to get some work done on my Thunderdome entry. I think I arrived at a composition I liked in my sketching last night.

This is completely random, but I picked up a slew of poetry books a while back and am just getting around to reading them. The choice of the moment is a thick book of poetry by Robert Frost. It's actually quite fun to read (in moderation before bed). Anyway, I came upon a passage in one of his poems last night that really jumped out at me:

For, dear me, why abandon a belief
Merely because it ceases to be true.
Cling to it long enough, and not a doubt
It will turn true again, for so it goes.
Most of the change we think we see in life
Is due to truths being in and out of favor.


Seems odd at first, but it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Aren't most things in this world periodic? Fashion, art, politics, hmmm...

In other news my Under the Raspberry Canes entry to cypherx's "Best Friends" contest has made it to the Finalists Round!

Here are the new interior illustrations I spoke of:




No comments:

Blog Archive