My next cover commission is still in progress (being edited) so I've had a bit more down time than I expected. So I decided to use my time "wisely" and work on my picture book idea.
I now have a (roughly) 2,000 word story (hopefully, I can further tighten and shorten in the next revision).
On the illustration side. I made a series of tiny thumbnails so sloppy that only I could decipher them in my sketchbook (with a real pen, no less!)
For the past week I've been working to make these into more readable roughs, and also to work out a potential layout. I really like the idea of using mostly spreads, with the first and last images being single-side images.
Here is what I've come up with so-far:
The BIG version (with the actually legable text is here, warning 2.5 MB):
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2011 (27)
- ► 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (31)
- ► 2007 (72)